03/11/2008

DVD DAVID PERLOV - DIARY 1973-1983


DAVID PERLOV
DIARY - 1973-1983
(7 DVDs box set PAL) 69,00 euros

“May 1973, I buy a camera. I want to start filming, by myself and for myself. Profesionnal cinema does no longer attract me. To look for something else. I want to approach the everyday. Above all in anonymity. It takes time to learn how to do it.” With these words, David Perlov starts his epic film Diary. Shot over a period of three decades, first on 16mm and later on video, it is considered today the most striking work in Israeli documentary filmmaking.”
Ariel Schweitzer

« Mai 1973, j’achète une caméra. Je commence à filmer moi-même et pour moi-même. Le cinéma professionnel ne m’attire plus. Je filme jour après jour à la recherche d’autre chose. Je cherche avant tout l’anonymat. Il me faut du temps pour apprendre à le faire ». C’est par ces mots que David Perlov ouvre son journal cinématographique, tourné durant trois décennies, en 16 mm puis en vidéo, et considéré aujourd’hui comme l’œuvre la plus marquante de l’école documentaire
israélienne. »
Ariel Schweitzer